2 June 2010

Recycling



Lost in bits of fabric today. I used to work for a wholesaler in household linen and always took the old sample books home. Lots of the fabrics from these books I gave to a foundation "Geef een mens(je) Warmte" who would use them to make patchwork blankets for childrens hospitals in countries in need. My mum is one of the volunteers who make these blankets. I also got sample books with wool to of scarfs, plaids and blankets and these are not suitable for them. I am now sorting through them and making some into little pouches for my jewelery, you can see some in to top lefthand corner. Other pieces I cut into squares and use as filling for little jewelry boxes. I will be making Fleurfatale happy with a bag full of samples too, hope she will turn them into lovely brooches, rings, pins, ....

No comments:

Post a Comment